expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving

     I had an enjoyable Thanksgiving with my family. Every year, we reflect on those blessings in our lives which we are thankful for, especially on November 26.
     The thing I am most grateful for year after year and for the rest of my life is God, who lovingly created the universe, including the earth and all its inhabitants, and has allowed us to inherit all He has created. We turned away from Him and looked to created things rather than the Creator to give us purpose. He had to send His son, who left His throne and appeared on this world as a sinless baby named Jesus Christ. Christ's death is the atonement for our sins, which we could never atone for by doing good works. 
     My parents have taught me about Christ and being a follower of His. My mom and dad have shown me how to love, forgive, thank, honor, be joyful, be kind, and be gentle, attributes the Bible refers to many times. I am thankful that they have given their time to keeping me healthy, schooling me, cleaning up after me, taking me places, and paying for all the necessities. 
     My sister and I have a close bond. She brings me joy and happiness. I love to see that she is a follower of Christ who blesses her friends by her spirit and those who attend the church services where she plays bass guitar. It is great that she has Christian friends who encourage her. 
     One other blessing I am very thankful for is my friends. They encourage me and include me, and I enjoy every time I am in their company. 
     
     Now I will write about the Thanksgiving dinner. We finalized recipes, made our shopping list, and purchased those ingredients we did not have on the twenty-fifth and made the dishes on the twenty-sixth. Our dishes included pumpkin dinner rolls, a fifteen pound turkey, mashed potatoes, cheesy broccoli and mushroom casserole, and a from-scratch pumpkin pie.
The set-up.
The turkey, made using these instructions.
The whipped cream, which I had tried once before. It
did not have the right consistency until this time,
when I used an electric mixer and mixed longer.
Click here for instructions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment